Re: [css-break][css-overflow-3][css-regions][css4-ui] generalizing 'region-fragment' into a fragmentation primitive: a first step to solving multi-line ellipsis

On 1/20/15, 3:51 PM, "Florian Rivoal" <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:

>> On 21 Jan 2015, at 00:42, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> I’m still skeptical, because this seems like a lot of freight to add to
>> simple, useful property. I’d much rather keep the property focused on
>> whether content stops at a fragmentation break or overflows as normal.
>
>Sure. I don't really have an interest in pursuing this part about unnamed
>flows. I just thought of it while thinking through the rest, and though
>I'd just share it, more as evidence that 'fragmentation' is a sound
>primitive on top of which stuff can easily be built, rather than because
>I was convinced that this particular extension to it would beat regions.

Sorry - I did not mean to give the impression I’m defending regions
against your proposal. I just wanted to go over the reasons why we passed
over the idea the last time we considered it. If there’s a sensible way to
make “put my overflow over here” work in a single property, I think it
could be quite useful.

Thanks,

Alan