RE: [selectors] Reconsider to not drop whole selector list containing an invalid selector

> From: jackalmage@gmail.com
> > Though I think the "repeat-with-various-prefixes" issue would have been eased if the group did adopt the "vendor-tag/vendor-bang" proposal which was made quite a while ago [1]. I'm still not sure why it wasn't pursued further, this is so much better than the statu quo. Duplicating @keyframes or @supports rules is a complete madness we could have avoided with this proposal.
>
> All water under the bridge, since we don't recommend using any sort of
> vendor-indicating anyway anymore.  (That's why that proposal wasn't
> pursued, as well - it was made when we were coming around to the idea
> that prefixes were an antipattern, and we went with "well, just don't
> vendor-indicate at all" instead of trying to find a better way to
> vendor-indicate.)
>
> ~TJ

We're still waiting to see the benefits of this official policy change, though. I read a few days ago some stats indicating that about 7% of all css declarations are now prefixed-declarations. This doesn't even count the rules duplicated in @keyframes. It's huge and it really feels so when authoring web content.

Only time will tell whether vendors actually refrain from adding new prefixed properties, but I'm yet to be convinced this will happen in practice.