[css-overflow]: Suggestion - add property value to allow scrolling without scrollbar

From: Axel Dahmen <brille1@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 12:28:32 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
It's a time of swiping and gesturing. And in this course of time I see a
lack in the CSS3 specification for areas that are supposed to be scrollable
("swipeable") without actually showing a scroll bar.

Hence, I'd like to suggest to add an additional property value to the
"overflow-x"/"overflow-y" properties.

The new value would behave exactly like "scroll", but without the bars.

There are two options to achieve the suggested behaviour:

(-a-)
Rename the current "scroll" value to "scrollbar" and give "scroll" the new
non-bar semantics. (doubtful to happen)

(-b-)
Be creative and come up with a pleasant name for the new property value,
e.g. "scroll-no-bars".

Axel Dahmen