Re: [cssom-view] Clarifying elementsFromPoint and pointer-events: none

From: Philip Rogers <pdr@google.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 13:42:05 -0800
To: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Cc: www-style <www-style@w3.org>, Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>, David Bokan <bokan@google.com>
Tab,

Yeah, I think it makes sense to return all elements as if pointer-events is
auto. I'm not sure the flag is worth the complexity since it's pretty
trivial to implement pointer-events special handling if the user wants to.
For the SVG cases of pointer-events: visibleFill, etc, SVG
has isPointInFill and isPointInStroke.

A case where you would not filter out pointer-events: none is when you are
building a WYSIWYG editor that supports pointer-events: none elements.