Re: [css-flexbox] Reporting interop issues when you don't know which implementation is right?

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:34 AM, Jonathan Rimmer <jon.rimmer@gmail.com>
wrote:

> While using flexbox in anger, I've encountered interop issues on scarily
> simple cases:
>
> http://jonrimmer.github.io/flexbox-interop/fixed-height-container.html
> http://jonrimmer.github.io/flexbox-interop/nested-flexbox-in-fixed-height-
> container.html
>
> Both appear quite different in Chrome vs. Firefox.
>
> As a developer, it's unclear how to proceed when you find problems like
> this. Is Chrome correct? Is Firefox? Are these known issues? Are there
> already bugs raised?
>
> Initiatives like Test The Web Forward[1] provide guidance on writing tests
> and raising bugs against non-conforming browsers, but it isn't clear what
> developers ought to do when they don't know which behaviour is correct;
> they just discover an inconsistency.
>
> What is the best place for questions like these? They seem to fall
> inbetween the kind of standards-usage issues suited to forums like Stack
> Overflow and standards-design issues suited to www-style. Maybe there's a
> need for a third forum? Such as WG-run GitHub projects focused on interop
> for particular specs, where developers can raise discrepencies and have
> them reviewed by the relevant spec authors and implementors and get
> feedback on what the correct behaviour is, and where to raise bugs to get
> non-conforming browsers fixed.
>
> [1] http://testthewebforward.org/
>
> Jon

I recently created a Github repo (along with Greg Whitworth of Microsoft)
to help developers get a better handle on these cross-browser flexbox
issues.
https://github.com/philipwalton/flexbugs

That's a good place to start to at least get a sense of whether it's a
known issue. And if you don't see it there, please report it.

In this case it's the first bug on the list :)