Re: [css-flexbox] Should "max-width" influence the resolved flex base size? (from default "flex-basis:auto;width:auto")

On 02/20/2015 01:28 PM, Daniel Holbert wrote:
> On 02/20/2015 12:30 PM, Greg Whitworth wrote:
>> I think there was a slight mis-communication because the fiddle you
>> shared [1] did not have the flex-basis set to content, but to auto
>> (which is the default value for flex-basis).
>
> Yup -- though note that "flex-basis:auto; width:auto" is exactly equivalent
> to "flex-basis:content"

To be clear, I'm also only intending to test the "flex-basis:content" behavior (and see whether it gets clamped pre-flexing by the max-width) on the *first* flex item -- the one w/ initial "flex-basis:auto;width:auto".

The second flex item has an explicit width [which I'm intending to get co-opted by its flex-basis:auto]. That item only exists so that we can see how much each flex item is shrinking & infer from that what the flex base sizes were.