[css-flexbox] Abspos change web compat risk

From: Greg Whitworth <gwhit@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 17:15:05 +0000
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Hey everyone,

I brought this up to Tab at the CSS F2F meeting that the change to how abspos items are placed in a flex container broke Google docs. We now have a bug that has broken flipboard.com for the same issue, here is a reduction[1] of the issue.

I personally agree with the change as it makes sense with all of the align-content props that are in flex and grid. I personally don't think we should revert this change, but also wanted to have a WG discussion regarding it.

At this point, IE is the only one that has made this change (that I'm aware of) so I have attached a screenshot to show the issue as well (I don't believe this change made it into the tech preview) for discussion.

Thanks,
Greg

[1] http://jsbin.com/yexone/5/edit?html,css,output

flexabspos.PNG