Re: [css-tables] Missing definition of table row borders if border-collapse: separate?

"Axel Dahmen" <brille1@hotmail.com> writes:

> Absolutely agree.
>
> For tabular or datasheet applications I see a strong demand for having
> table-rows and table-columns draw borders and similar. One could
> highlight total columns. And one could highlight the "current" row,
> eligible for editing. Or even a number of rows in a cube.

One final note, something that just stuck me: the 'outline'
property. Outlines already work with table rows (but not with
columns). Could it be that outlines solve your use case? Unlike borders,
outlines don't take up layout space. If you want to highlight a
"current" row, do you really want the layout to change? Inserting or
removing a border could affect row height distribution or column width
distribution in ways that are indistinguishable from magic (thanks to
how tables are supposed to behave).

--
---- Morten Stenshorne, developer, Opera Software ASA ----