Re: [css-tables] Missing definition of table row borders if border-collapse: separate?

I see. I didn't find this sentence in the spec myself.

OK, then. Wouldn't this be something to be worth amending the spec with? It
would save a lot of CSS necessary to achieve the same result right now. Not
to mention the additional HTML.

"Morten Stenshorne"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag

"Axel Dahmen" <brille1@hotmail.com> writes:

> I'm missing a definition in CSS about how table borders will be
> rendered if being applied to table-row elements, particularly in
> regard to the "border-collapse" property.

Borders are not applied on table rows in the separated borders
model. You can only have borders on cells and the table itself then.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/REC-CSS2-20110607/tables.html#separated-borders

"Rows, columns, row groups, and column groups cannot have borders (i.e.,
user agents must ignore the border properties for those elements)."

--
---- Morten Stenshorne, developer, Opera Software ASA ----