[css-tables] Missing definition of table row borders if border-collapse: separate?

From: Axel Dahmen <brille1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 08:35:02 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
I'm missing a definition in CSS about how table borders will be rendered if
being applied to table-row elements, particularly in regard to the
"border-collapse" property.

The following CSS doesn't seem to show borders, although that's supposed to
be the only reason for the CSS property border-collapse:

http://jsfiddle.net/pz6azgj8/

I would suppose that given "border-collapse: separate" and "border-spacing"
 > 0, a table row's border would be contiguous, not splitted across its table
cells, like depicted in the attachment of this message, or found here:

http://imgur.com/rYGh4hQ

Axel Dahmen

TableRowBorders.png
(image/png attachment: TableRowBorders.png)