Re: [css-flexbox] Behaviour of percentage heights in column direction

Specifically, I'm curious about this scenario:
  http://jsfiddle.net/2jftbvyk/
(Basically, we have a vertical flex item with a percent-height child,
and which derives its min-content height from a tall grandchild.)

UNCONTROVERSIAL: The flex item there -- bordered in orange -- should end
up at 200px (taller than its black-bordered parent), because
"min-height:auto" prevents it from being smaller than its blue
fixed-height grandchild.

CONTROVERSIAL:
The question is, should that (orange) flex item's height be considered
"definite"?

According to flexbox section 9.8 #2, the answer is "no" -- it's not
definite -- the flex item happens to have a non-definite flex-basis
(from "flex: 0 1 auto"), which means its final flexed height is not
considered definite.

But, the interesting part: if we happen to give it "flex: 0 1 0px" (or
even "flex: 0 1 100px") instead, then it will *still* end up at a height
of 200px (again, from min-width:auto). BUT, now the spec says that final
height SHOULD be considered definite, for some reason -- simply because
we started at (and immediately discarded) a definite flex-basis.

This inconsistency doesn't make sense to me, though I don't think I have
a concrete suggestion for improvement yet.

~Daniel