Re: [lots] -webkit prefixed properties and values

On 12/10/2015 10:31 PM, Florian Rivoal wrote:

>> On 11 Dec 2015, at 05:07, Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com> wrote:
>>
>> * I'd rather the spec mark these features as deprecated/discouraged.
>
> Isn't that what are are suggesting: specify and deprecate means browsers must support (which they do), AND authors must not use.

Maybe! But it wasn't clear to me that the "and deprecate" / "authors
must not use" part was agreed upon. (If it is, great.)

I'd initially interpreted dbaron's and Tab's most recent posts[1][2] on
this thread as disagreeing with Dean RE "authors please don't use this".
In retrospect, though, maybe they were only disagreeing with his
"separate spec" point. (& if so, great)

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Dec/0147.html
[2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Dec/0149.html

> If that's web compatible, I have no objection to the spec being written in a way that allows that. I don't see an issue specifying it something like this:
> - The syntax is [...]
> - UAs should do [canonical safari behavior]
> - UAs may also do [simplified behavior known (thanks for mozilla trying it) to be web compatible]

Cool -- that pattern makes sense to me.

~Daniel