Re: [lots] -webkit prefixed properties and values

On Thursday 2015-12-10 10:26 +1100, Dean Jackson wrote:
> > On 10 Dec 2015, at 10:17, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It would be listed as an "implementors MUST, authors MUST NOT" sort of
> > thing.  Pretending they don't exist isn't helping existing
> > implementors.
>
> I never suggested that we should pretend they don’t exist. I said I
> don’t want them in the main specification - they are fine in the
> compatibility specification. We could even have a note in the main
> specification reminding these implementors that there are
> compatibility issues and telling them where to look. The compatibility
> spec could then have the big “NOTHING TO SEE HERE IF YOU’RE
> NOT AN IMPLEMENTOR” warning.

I don't see why you want this.

There are lots of features that are part of the Web that started off
as browser-specific features, e.g., .innerHTML.  We don't move them
off to a separate specification just because they started off as
browser-specific features.

A bunch of -webkit-prefixed properties and values are now part of
the Web, and should be specified as such.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.