[css-flexbox] Flexbox pagination: implied break-inside:avoid

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 18:58:08 -0500
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
The Flexbox spec currently says:
   # If the first fragment of the flexbox is not at the top of the page,
   # and some of its flexbox items don't fit in the remaining space on the
   # page, the entire fragment is moved to the next page.

I think this needs s/some/none, i.e.

   | If the first fragment of the flexbox is not at the top of the page,
   | and none of its flexbox items fit in the remaining space on the
   | page, the entire fragment is moved to the next page.

As it stands, the rule basically forces all flex containers to behave
as if they had 'break-inside: avoid', which
   a) is inconsistent with the stated goal of fragmenting like block
      layout in the case of single-column flexboxes
   b) is inconsistent with how we treat tables
   c) introduces unnecessary breaks in many basic page layouts
   d) does not give the author control over breaking using break-inside

I suspect this is an error, but in any case I'm pretty sure it's wrong.

~fantasai