Re: [css-values] Adding a <length-percentage> production

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 3:29 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>>> <length-percentage> makes sense to me. What are the others you need
>>> to add?
>>
>> Just the other things that can be combined with % in calc() -
>> <time-percentage>, etc.  I don't think they're used anywhere in CSS,
>> but there's no reason to exclude their use in Houdini.
>
> I'd prefer not to add something we don't need. These other things
> don't seem particularly useful.

Again, I'm not willing to make judgements about what people might want
to do in the Houdini APIs.  The point is that we *allow* calc(1s +
10%) in the calc() section (even tho it's not valid in any existing
CSS property), so we should allow that to be specified in a custom
property's grammar.