Re: [css-scroll-snap] Splitting scroll-snap-type, shorthanding on scroll container

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 5:05 AM, Sebastian Zartner
<sebastianzartner@gmail.com> wrote:
> To me the difference between the 'both' and 'point' values is not
> clear yet, or more precisely the difference between two 1D snap
> positions vs. one 2D snap position.
> So assuming those values could be removed, the property could also be
> split up in two, one for each axis. So we'd have
> 'scroll-snap-type-block' and 'scroll-snap-type-inline'.

I'd love to know what we could improve in
<https://drafts.csswg.org/css-scroll-snap/#snap-dimensions> to make
this clearer.  They can't be merged, as they do two rather different
things.