Re: [css-cascade-4][css3-ui] naming collision: the "default" value

On 23 April 2015 at 08:33, Daniel Tan <lists@novalistic.com> wrote:

> On 4/23/2015 10:23 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:
>

>> 'ua-default' seems too jargony to me. I suspect there is a huge
>> percentage of authors writing CSS that don't know what 'ua' stands for, or
>> even what a "user agent" is.
>>

> Unfortunately (?!) I can't claim to be one of those authors. The term
> "ua-default" makes perfect sense to me. Maybe we could take this
> opportunity to educate authors on the terminology used in the
> specifications?

I agree. Even if authors don't know what the abbreviation 'ua' stands for,
it will be very easy for them to get to know about what 'ua-default' does
when doing a quick internet search.

> The next best alternative would be "browser-default", but the word
> "browser" alone takes up just as many bytes as "default". Ew.

... and is incorrect in combination with other types of user agents.

Sebastian