Re: [css3-ui] incorect paragrah in the definition of the resize property

> On 22 Apr 2015, at 04:37, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>
>> What is
>> left to the UA is how it should convey that, for example by
>> displaying the resize handle on appropriate side of the box.
>
> Or sides of a box. Or just by cursor changes. Or some other means of
> resize indication that is unique/constrained to the platform that we
> don't know about. That's the kind of detail I want to avoid specifying
> because historically it has varied greatly by platform (e.g.
> touch-based UIs changed a lot of this).

Sure, but that's does not influence "the direction of resizing", only
how it is communicated to the user. Shouldn't we be explicit that about that?

For instance:

The UA should consider the direction of resizing (as determined by CSS),
as well as platform conventions and constraints when deciding how to
convey the ability to resize to the user.

>> We could simply delete this paragraph entirely, but I
>> think it is useful to give a hint to UA implementors that
>> they may want to adjust how/where they show the resize
>> handle, so I think it would be better to fix it to turn it
>> into a recommendation to be smart about the resize handle.
>
> I disagree - unless there is a proposal from a browser implementer
> (someone actually implementing resize) about specifying such an
> implementation and platform specific detail.
>
> However your point about "defined by regular CSS layout" still stands
> so I'll make adjustments to the current text accordingly. That's a
> good catch.

I think your updated first sentence is good.

I am less convinced by the second one, and would prefer replacing it
with the one I wrote above, or something close to it.

 - Florian