Re: [css-flexbox] abspos & align-self: stretch

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 3:57 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 9:33 AM, Christian Biesinger
> <cbiesinger@google.com> wrote:
>> Thanks, I'll do the same. I was wondering if I should stretch it
>> anyway even though it doesn't technically participate in flex layout.
>> baseline is also the same as flex-start, I assume.
>>
>> Would be nice if the spec was a bit more explicit about it!
>
> The Alignment spec is more explicit about it:
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-align/#stretch and
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-align/#align-self-property

By which I mean, yeah, it's stretched.

'baseline' is also defined there, though you have to chase the
definitions a bit.  Abspos children of a flex-box aren't in any
baseline-sharing group, so baseline-aligning them is a no-op, and they
then get aligned as self-start.