Re: [cssom-view] Allowing scrollIntoView() to only scroll the nearest scroll container

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:08:25 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> scrollIntoView scrolls both elements and frames. So it's a bit more
>> complicated.
>>
>> Do we need to support more than "scroll everything" and "only scroll the
>> nearest scrollable thing"?
>
> We could probably get away with just that, but I'd be afraid of it
> being fragile to application changes; adding an "overflow:hidden"
> between the element and its scrolling container would hijack the
> scroll.  We already suffer from this problem with abspos, and I'd
> rather not repeat it.

OK. So how about:

* "scroll everything"
* "scroll everything up to the nearest frame"
* "scroll everything up the specified element (same-document only)"

Or don't we need the nearest frame?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software