[css-ruby] ruby-position: inter-character

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 15:15:02 -0500
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
WebKit now supports Bopomofo using the inter-character ruby-position value. This is a very basic implementation. I concentrated mainly on getting support for ruby to the right of glyphs in horizontal text working properly.

For the tone marks, though, I don't do anything special yet. You can control the position of the tone marks with a nested ruby, but this is obviously not ideal. I am looking for guidance regarding how to position the tone marks automatically, but I am unclear on what the rules for positioning them are. I see different positioning rules in various examples...

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)