Re: [css3-writing-modes] eliminate 'sideways' and 'sideways-left' for 'text-orientation'

fantasai wrote:

> The 'sideways' keyword is intended for horizontal writing systems
> like English and Arabic, because it does the right thing for them.
>  And 'sideways' in 'vertical-lr' is not an obscure case. It's used
> frequently for captions, table headings, etc. in these languages.
>
> I said the 'sideways-left' keyword itself is not particularly
> needed except in, yes, some fairly obscure cases. But the behavior
> of 'sideways-left' needs to be implemented for 'sideways' to work
> correctly in 'vertical-lr'.

I continue to think that the behavior of 'sideways' is unnecessary
here and the fact that you have three property values here will
cause author confusion. But the table cell case you and GĂ©rard have
pointed out makes sense so I'll relent here.

Cheers,

John