Re: [css-animations] Proposal for animation triggers, timebases and additive behavior

> On 10 Sep 2014, at 9:42 am, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>
> One solution would be to abandon animation-trigger as a declarative property and instead require scripts to turn animations off and on in response to scroll events, perhaps via Web Animations. I wonder what the impact of that would be. Note that many uses of animation-trigger could be rewritten as an always-on animation that's a complex function of the scroll position.

Yes, suggestions welcome.

I'd really like to avoid script if possible, not because I have anything against script, but because it's refreshingly awesome to completely declaratively author a page that responds to scroll - both triggering an animation and all the fancy parallax effects.

When we were prototyping we looked at the output of tools like Adobe Muse, and the popular parallax libraries.

Dean