Re: [css-text][css-flexbox] Let's just alias "nowrap" with "no-wrap"

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
> If we do go ahead, I suggest that we simply introduce the other value,
> defined to have the same behavior, rather than try to define some more
> sophisticated aliasing mechanism that would try to make one into the
> computed value of the other, or some other attempt at trying to hide that
> there are two values. Yes, having to values to do the same thing is a bit of
> a wart, but I don't think there is any benefit to be gained by trying to be
> smart here.

And even if we did do a computed-time aliasing (in an attempt to let
authors only care about one), it wouldn't help that much - if they
refer to a value *before* computed-value time, both values will still
show up.  We're not generally willing to do value aliasing at an
earlier step than that, so might as well just have them stay separate
and mean the same thing.

(Plus, if we did compute one into the other, we'd probably have to
computed "no-wrap" into "nowrap" for compat reasons, which somewhat
defeats the point.)