Re: [css-text][css-flexbox] Let's just alias "nowrap" with "no-wrap"

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 21:58:43 +0200, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 04:05:18 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr.
> <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> One of the people I follow recently posted the following on Twitter:
>> <https://twitter.com/SlexAxton/status/519953582183809024>
>>
>>> white-space: nowrap;
>>> whitespace: no-wrap;
>>>
>>> Don't pretend like you know. And when you look it up, don't pretend
>>> like it makes any sense.
>>
>> Anyone have objections to us just aliasing the value as "no-wrap"?
>> That way, in a few years, people can just do the logical thing and use
>> the value they expect, rather than having to deal with this wart
>> forever.
>
> I am in favor of alleviating the confusion, assuming there is no compat
> issue caused by lots of people typing it wrong without noticing, and
> then depending on the result they got. I wouldn't be too surprised if it
> happened here, given how easy it is to get wrong, but maybe we're
> actually ok. Anyone has data either way?

https://github.com/search?l=css&q="white+space+no+wrap"&type=Code&utf8=✓
756

I only found 1 instance in http://webdevdata.org/ data set 2013-09-01
102,000 pages which has since changed. (But this data has no external
stylesheets.)

It's not clear to me if it's compatible or not. Maybe someone needs to
ship it to find out.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software