Re: [cssom-view] scroll-behavior CSS property 'auto' value

On Thu, 09 Oct 2014 16:59:23 +0200, Robert O'Callahan
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure.

Yeah so I don't know how to spec it.

> How about instant page-down?

That would at least be clear what it would do, but it's not clear that
allowing instant page-down is useful for anything.

> I don't think the use-cases for 'instant' are very strong at all with or
> without snap-points. As I've expressed before on this list, I think the
> spreadsheet behavior that's usually cited as the use-case for 'instant'
> is
> a tradition that I don't know how to justify from UX principles, so I
> don't
> know how to extrapolate that behavior to new situations like fling
> gestures.

OK.

Some more data points about spreadsheets:

* On my Android phone, neither the Calendar nor Quickoffice spreadsheet
have instant snapping.

* Google Drive spreadsheet (on desktop anyway) has instant snapping.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software