Re: [css-grid] Interactions between min/max-content and min/max-width

On 11/21/2014 06:32 AM, Sergio Villar Senin wrote:
> In section 10.5 of the specs, the "Grow All Tracks To Their Max" step
> literally says:
>
> "For the purpose of this step: if sizing the grid container under a
> max-content constraint, the free space is infinite; if sizing under a
> min-content constraint, the free space is zero."
>
> If I am not wrong that's not always accurate, I'm thinking in two cases
> in particular:
>
> - grid container sized under max-content with a "definite" max-size.
> Instead of infinity I guess we should respect the max-size.
> - grid container sized under min-content with a "definite" min-size. In
> this case instead of non distributing anything, I guess we should try to
> fulfill the min-size restriction.
>
> Are those assumptions correct?

Yes. The min/max-size properties are basically defined as:
   1. Do layout ignoring them, use just the size property.
   2. If layout violates the max-size, redo layout using the max-size as the size.
   3. If layout violates the min-size, redo layout using the min-size as the size.

Of course, an implementation won't actually do that. But that's how
they're defined.

~fantasai