Re: box-sizing and text in value attribute of input element

Hi Karl,

> On 05 Nov 2014, at 07:27, Karl Dubost <kdubost@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
> Check this test in Firefox (Gecko) and in Opera/Chrome (Blink)
> http://jsbin.com/hegatadeju/1/edit?html,css,output
>
> The value "hi" doesn't appear in Gecko, because there's no room left for it.
> <input type="text" value="hi">
>
> In both Blink and Gecko the inner height is 0 (at least as shown by the devtools).
>
> The spec doesn't say anything specific in this corner case.
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-ui/#box-sizing0

This is not the spec you’re looking for :)

The test case can be minimized further:
http://jsbin.com/mesaqaheto/1/edit

The same behaviour is reproduced without using box-sizing: border-box, by simply setting the height to 0 manually, so that property is not the source of the problem.

I’d guess this has to do with the sizing of replaced elements, although I am not sure what to do about that.

 - Florian