Re: [css-text] I18N-ISSUE-323: Figures 3 to 5

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 20:03:42 +0000
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
CC: "Phillips, Addison" <addison@lab126.com>, "CSS WWW Style (www-style@w3.org)" <www-style@w3.org>, www International <www-international@w3.org>
On May 24, 2014, at 2:19 AM, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org> wrote:

> That might have been what Addison meant, but it wasn't what I meant when I wrote the comment ;-)
>
> What I was suggesting was:
>
> JJJJJJJJ LLLL LLLL TTTTTTTT
> (where every 4 letters above represents a word)
>
> What that does is show the effect of a given setting on each of the three types of script.  It's especially useful for the Japanese and Thai scenarios, rather than the Latin one (which most people can guess at pretty well already).

Im sorry but I do not understand what you want. Are you suggesting 8 Japanese characters explains better than 3? I do not understand what you meant by a word either since, as you know, a word in Japanese is ambiguous and has nothing to do with justifications.

Also note that since were showing where spaces are inserted, the more characters we put, the harder to identify where spaces are inserted. Id like to keep the number of characters as small as possible.

8 Japanese characters and 8 Thai characters will not show where spaces are inserted, and therefore are not good examples for justification I think.

What did I miss?

/koji