Re: For printing: Select the element preceded immediately by a page-break?

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 23:05:52 -0400
To: Scott Arciszewski <kobrasrealm@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 09:38 +0000, Scott Arciszewski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've run into a problem where, when I want to print a webpage, for only a
> subset of document, I'd like to have a repeated header.
>
> The simplest way I can think to implement this is to just re-draw the same
> element after each page-break. However, there is currently no way (as far
> as I can tell) to do this with CSS.

Paged Media - http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-page/ - combined with Generated
Content - http://www.w3.org/TR/css-gcpm-3/ - can do what you want, e.g.
with YesLogic PrinceXML formatter or with Antenna house Formatter for
CSS; you may also find the open source Weasyprint formatter can do it.

I'm not aware of any Web browser implementing this stuff, though.

Liam