Re: [cssom-view] why not MediaQueryList.onchange

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 23:25:13 +0200, Jochen Eisinger <eisinger@google.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:17 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> On 3/31/14 4:51 PM, Jochen Eisinger wrote:
>>
>>> The reason I ask is because MediaQueryListListener is a pretty unique
>>> snowflake in the web exposed APIs
>>>

>> It is?  It's just a WebIDL callback function.  There are tons of them in
>> the platform: event handlers, audio API callbacks, geolocation
>> callbacks,
>> mutation observer callbacks, WebRTC callbacks of various sorts, Web
>> Components callbacks, requestAnimationFrame, probably more that I'm
>> missing.  What's the unique aspect of MediaQueryListListener?
>

> The other callbacks don't have a property that gets invoked, it's e.g.
> setTimeout(function() { ..}, 42) and not setTimeout({timeout: function()
> {
> ...}}, 42);

MediaQueryListListener doesn't have a property that gets invoked either,
per spec.

[[
interface MediaQueryList {
   readonly attribute DOMString media;
   readonly attribute boolean matches;
   void addListener(MediaQueryListListener listener);
   void removeListener(MediaQueryListListener listener);
};

callback MediaQueryListListener = void (MediaQueryList list);
]]
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/#mediaquerylist

WebIDL: http://heycam.github.io/webidl/#idl-callback-functions

It is not a callback *interface*.