Re: why not MediaQueryList.onchange

On 3/31/14 4:51 PM, Jochen Eisinger wrote:
> The reason I ask is because MediaQueryListListener is a pretty unique
> snowflake in the web exposed APIs

It is?  It's just a WebIDL callback function.  There are tons of them in
the platform: event handlers, audio API callbacks, geolocation
callbacks, mutation observer callbacks, WebRTC callbacks of various
sorts, Web Components callbacks, requestAnimationFrame, probably more
that I'm missing.  What's the unique aspect of MediaQueryListListener?

> which makes it very costly to implement

I assume you mean in Blink?  In Gecko it's one single line of IDL to
implement it.

-Boris