Re: [css-animations] What is the format of the key string passed to CSSKeyframesRule.findRule/deleteRule ?

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 6:21 PM, Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com> wrote:
> I run in the following cross-browser issue while investigating the previous issue [1].
>
> The specification defined the value passed to these methods as a string with the following property:
>
> # The key must resolve to a number between 0 and 1, or the rule is ignored.
>
> And indeed, if you do findRule("1") or deleteRule("0.5"), IE dutifully finds/removes the 100% and 50% keyframes, respectively.
>
> No other browser does this, however. Gecko, WebKit and Blink all expect "100%" and "50%"
>
> To mitigate any compat issues, one possible compromise would be to require browsers to support both in the future.
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Mar/0498.html

Urf, IE followed the literal spec text, even when it was stupid,
rather than objecting. :/  (Not that everyone else's "just implement
what we think it really means, rather than objecting" strategy is any
better.)

I'm fine with doubling up like this if necessary.  Do we need to be
clear that browsers must be careful about float precision?  100% and
50% can be expressed exactly with a floating-point, but 10% can't be -
how does IE react when passed ".1"?

~TJ