Re: [css-line-grid] box-snap or block-snap & [css-books]

Dave Cramer wrote:

 > On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 8:30 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:

 > > 1. I think that aligning the first baseline of the block to a grid line
 > > would be useful.
 > >
 > > This could be a 'baseline' or 'first-baseline' value. It might also be
 > > useful to snap the last baseline, but I'm less certain about that.
 >
 > Aligning to the first baseline would be useful for almost all books.

Yes.

 > Footnotes are an example of where we would want the last baseline of
 > the box containing the footnote to align to a baseline grid. I've seen
 > lots of designs where other text elements (pull quotes, sidebars) sit
 > at the bottom of a page, and it would be appropriate to align to the
 > last baseline.

Yes. I my mind, this will happen automatically if you set a baseline
grid. For example:

  body { baseline-grid: new }
  .pullquote { float: bottom }

  http://books.spec.whatwg.org/#baseline-grids

That is, the body element sets a baseline grid which its content --
including .pullquote elements -- align with.

Cheers,

-h&kon