Re: [css-variables] ...let's change the syntax

On 3/19/14 3:45 AM, "Pete Boere" <pete@the-echoplex.net> wrote:

> Since they are called custom propeties is there any reason we can't do the
> most obvious thing and use a prefix of 'custom'?

'custom' is more verbose than var. I'd rather have an 'x-' as (previously)
used by HTTP headers
My attempt is to avoid any kind of keyword at all is possible.

> The '_' and '-' prefixes look like code smells to me due to the way they have
> been used in CSS (and in programming languages generally)

'_' used as separator (unlike an '_' prefix) hasn't been used and smell
reasonably nice to me. :-)