Re: [css-variables] ...let's change the syntax

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 8:27 AM, Marat Tanalin <mtanalin@yandex.ru> wrote:
> FWIW, I would like to repeat my recent idea of using `$` as a prefix for declaring a variable and `$()` function to get a variable value.
>
>     p {
>         $company-color-1: green;
>         background-color: $(company-color-1);
>     }
>
> Important part here is that retrieving a variable value is proposed to be done via _functional_ notation `$()` instead of using just prefix for both declaring and retrieving as before.

I believe that we need to go back to the ultimate solution:

p {
       var(company-color-1): green;
       background-color: var(company-color-1);
   }

so to use 'var()'  "function" as a namespace and intention marker on
both sides of the
declaration.

That is the most reliable and future friendly solution I believe.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com