Re: [css-variables] Split declaring custom properties from using the values?

Hi Sylvain,

You wrote:

> I wouldn't want to rathole, er, discuss this during a telcon unless
> WebKit and Microsoft do publicly indicate splitting the spec would
> result in earlier implementation.

Standard disclaimer aside[1], var() is a more challenging feature to
implement than custom properties, so splitting them up makes sense to
me. A document just defining custom properties would probably exit CR
earlier than the existing draft containing both.

That said it's unusual for any implementator to prioritize feature work
differently based on how things happen to be organized in specs.

Ted

1. You've all heard it before, but as per usual Apple does not comment
on future plans or product releases.