Re: [css3-transitions] transition-property with no supported properties

From: Daniel Tan <lists@novalistic.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 11:26:06 +0800
To: Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>
CC: "<www-style@w3.org>" <www-style@w3.org>
On 3/18/2014 1:50 AM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> Is the spec unclear, or are you less sure due to Chrome’s behavior?
> Given your two examples, the latter definitely seems buggy.

It does come across as unexpected behavior depending on how the property
is being used. I don't doubt that Chrome is tripping up here given my
research, but I do know that many authors use Chrome's behavior as a
reference due to its sheer popularity. The spec might be unclear to them.

Not saying the spec should be changed just to accommodate specific
browser behavior of course. But even once the bug is fixed, it might
still be worth clarifying that, assuming correct syntax is used, having
no supported or animatable properties in ‘transition-property’ should
simply have an effect similar to ‘none’ (while not actually computing to
‘none’) rather than invalidate the declaration entirely for the purposes
of the cascade.

--
Daniel Tan
NOVALISTIC