Re: Suggestion: Introduce new height property value for full fitting space

That's brilliant, James!

Thanks a lot for enlightening me.

Cheers,
Axel Dahmen

-----------------
"James Ross"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> From: brille1@hotmail.com
> Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 13:47:13 +0100
>
> Actually what I want to achieve is that the "main" blocks, in corporation
> with a number of "header" and "footer" blocks, always exactly fills the
> viewport.
>
> The <header> blocks are supposed to be fixed at the top of the window
> whereas the <footer> blocks are supposed to be fixed to the bottom of the
> window - regardless of their actual size. The only blocks to have
> scrollbars
> is supposed to be the <main> blocks in between.

How about http://jsfiddle.net/bqurA/5/? I've only made minor changes:

'body> main' now has flex-shrink of 1 (instead of 0) and overflow of auto.

There might be simpler ways to do it - I have not fully explored the
options.

--
James Ross (james@james-ross.co.uk)