Re: [css-counter-styles] counter(foo, undefined-style)

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 3:57 PM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
> On 10/03/2014 22:55, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-counter-styles/#extending-css2 extends the
>>> counter() and counters() function to accept a <counter-style-name>, but
>>> does
>>> not define what happens when no counter style is defined with a
>>> corresponding name.
>>>
>>> Compare with http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-lists/#propdef-list-style-type
>>> that
>>> defines list-style-type to fall back to 'none', and to CSS 2 where an
>>> invalid <'list-style-type'> drops the declaration.
>>

>> Good catch.  I think I'd prefer to fallback to "decimal", and change
>> Lists to fallback to "decimal" as well.
>

> Works for me.

All right, I'm now handling unknown counter styles generically in the
representation algorithm, so I've remove the special-casing in Lists
that made it act like "none".

~TJ