Re: [css-grid] If a mandatory <integer> is omitted...

En 04/03/14 20:25, Tab Atkins Jr. escribiu:
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 1:52 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
>> In the definition for <grid-line>, for the [ <integer> && <custom-ident>? ]
>> case, the ED says:
>>
>>> If the <integer> is omitted, it defaults to 1.
>>

>> However, the <integer> can not be omitted. Or if it is, we fall into the
>> <custom-ident> case that is described separately. I suggest just removing
>> that sentence. (And replace "A value of zero" with "An <integer> value of
>> zero" in the next.)
>
> Fixed.

Actually instead of

 <custom-ident> |
 [ <integer> && <custom-ident>? ] |

the spec could just say

 <custom-ident> || <integer>

I guess that if the specs mention the two different cases is because
<custom-ident> does not mean the same. Then I understand that for:

[ <integer> && <custom-ident>? ]

<custom-ident> must only be the name of an explicit grid line (and thus
cannot be neither the name of a grid area nor the name of an implicit
grid line created by a grid area). Is that correct?

BR