Re: [CfC] adding 'rebeccapurple' color to CSS Color Level 4

Le 2014-06-19 12:46, Dave Cramer a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Daniel Glazman <
> daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> wrote:
>
>> (co-chair hat on)
>>
>> Following a proposal sent to social media, it is suggested
>> to add the named color 'rebeccapurple', for value #663399, to
>> CSS Color Level 4. This is a tribute to Eric Meyer's daughter
>> who recently passed away and a mark of support from all the
>> Web community to Eric. I requested to ping Eric to be absolutely
>> sure he is ok with this; he responded "he was honored by the gesture,
>> and would love to accept it".
>>
>> Some implementors (Mozilla, Apple, Google and Microsoft) have already
>> said they will implement and ship the new value.
>>
>> So this is a Call for Consensus on that proposal.
>>

> Web standards are the creation of humans, and memorializing the dead
> may be
> one of the oldest human traits. In this extraordinary circumstance, I
> say
> yes.
>
> Dave Cramer (member of the CSSWG, father of a six-year-old)

Dave,

Your explanation does not fit the context or/and the event.

Nothing prevents Eric Meyer from prefacing his next book or a re-edition
of any of his previous books from memorializing his loved daughter.

Every specification has an Acknowledgements section thanking the
contributors "for their input and feedback on the www-style mailing
list, have helped us with the creation of this specification".

Gérard Talbot