Re: Ignored Properties Inside a @keyframes block

[please don't top-post: http://wiki.csswg.org/tools/www-style]

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Sara Soueidan <sara.soueidan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tab,
>
> Thank you for the reply. :)
>
> All is good, but I'm curious about the part where u said " flipping from the
> start value to the end
> value at 50% of the transition's progress.
> "
> Is there any specific reason why the value should flip to its end value at
> 50% and not 100% of the animation?

Symmetry.  Makes it work the same regardless of what "direction" the
transition happens in.

'visibility' is an exception to this, from before we added the general
rule, but note that it actually has slightly different behavior -
mixing "visible" and "hidden" always results in "visible" unless it's
at 100% "hidden".  This was done so that if you were hiding/showing an
element with a transition, you could use 'visibility' to ensure it's
completely hidden at the end of the animation, but you want it to go
back to being visible immediately once you start an unhide animation.