Re: [css-grid] Doubt about grid-auto-flow stack

On 17/07/14 05:55, fantasai wrote:

>> I'm thinking we'd just act normally - they'd spread out in the given
>> row/column like normal.  Only the "fully" auto-placed items would
>> stack.
>
> I was thinking they'd all stack. We told them to stack, right?
> No reason why they can't stack in the first available slot
> confined to that particular row/column.

I agree that if we're using "stack" mode, both fully auto-placed and
1-dimesnion auto-placed should stack. It seems more coherent.

One option would be that all of them stack in the same cell.
However, it seems that we prefer to respect the specified dimension in
the non-fully auto-placed items. So, I guess we'll have to modify the
spec in several parts:

* In 6.2 Automatic Placement: the grid-auto-flow property:
  The "stack" definition, as probably it won't be as simple as running
the auto-placement algorithm with a 1x1 item.

* In 8.5 Grid Item Placement Algorithm:
  * Step 2. Process the items locked to a given row:
    For each row we should look for a 1x1 empty cell and place there all
the related 1-dimension auto-placed items.
  * Step 4. Position the remaining grid items:
    * Part 1 - If the item has a definite column position:
      The same than in the previous case but for columns.

Bye,
  Rego