Re: [CSS2.1] Interop Issue in regards to fixed/absolute positioned children inside of inline-relative containers

Le 2014-07-14 19:18, Greg Whitworth a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> We have found an interop issue on how an inline-relative's offset
> should affect a fixed/absolute element.
>
> Absolute Example: http://jsfiddle.net/eUV76/1/embedded/result/
> Fixed Example: http://jsfiddle.net/4MvcD/2/embedded/result/
>
> _IE_: children are moved by the offset both horizontally and
> vertically and this applies to both inline and block fixed/absolute
> children, and fixed vs absolute are identically positioned.
>

> _Chrome_: Fixed child is moved by the offset horizontally but not
> vertically and this applies to both inline and block fixed children.
> Absolute child that is inline is moved horizontally and vertically.
> Absolute child that is block is strangely offset even when the
> inline-relative has left:0px; this strange offset is added to
> inline-relative's left offset when it is specified; vertically the
> element is moved by the offset as in IE.
>

> _Firefox_: Inline children are moved horizontally but not vertically
> and block children are not moved at all.  Fixed vs absolute are
> identically positioned.
>

> I feel that IE is handling this correct as Chrome handling absolute
> differently than fixed elements seems wrong as does moving it
> horizontally but not vertically. Firefox treating inline and block
> children differently in this case seems like a bug as well.
>

> Any input is welcomed, thanks.

Greg,

This is just a quick reply.

We have CSS2.1 tests testing abs. pos. inlines inside an rel. pos inline
but I believe we do not have tests testing abs. pos. blocks inside an
rel. pos. inline.

----------

These 2 tests were removed because the CSS2.1 spec changed (§ 10.1) and
became less stringent:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/containing-block-031.html

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/containing-block-032.html

See
http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/css2.1#issue-215

"
Summary
     Make it undefined what containing block is formed by a relpos inline
that splits across multiple lines
"

If the rel. pos. inline is broken into several line boxes, then
containing block for its abs. pos. children is unknown, undefined in CSS
2.1

Draft test for now:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/abs-pos-child-inside-rel-pos-inline-001.html

Gérard