Re: Complete list of CSS keywords (for values)

On 10/07/14 09:49, Christoph Päper wrote:
> There a a several sites that list all CSS properties and often also
> their standardization status, level and module. I can’t find,
> however, a site that aggregates all keywords and pseudo functions
> used as values in a similar manner on a single page.
>
> Is there such a thing?

"Shepherd", the CSS test suite manager, parses all specs. It has a
database of all property definitions, their values, etc.

You can query this data here, though I don’t know if it has the specific
entry point you want:

https://api.csswg.org/shepherd/

> If there’s none, how does the WG keep track of keywords so as not to
> reintroduce an existing one to a different property with possibly
> different meaning? Swarm knowledge?

Having the same keyword have a different meaning in different contexts
is not a problem. For example many properties accept an 'auto' keyword
and give it very a different meaning.

> Disclosure: I wanted to quickly check whether there are pre-defined
> keywords ending in suffixes that could be used as type primitives,
> e.g. ‘-string’, ‘-name’ / ‘-label’ / ‘-font’, ‘-color’, ‘-size’,
> ‘-length’ / ‘-width’ / ‘-height’, ‘-angle’, ‘-duration’,
> ‘-frequency’, ‘-resolution’, ‘-location’ / ‘-address’ / ‘-file’ /
> ‘-resource’ / ‘-image’, ‘-position’, ‘-lines’ / ‘-count’ / ‘-number’
> / ‘-layer’ / ‘-depth’.

I don’t understand this, could you explain a bit more?

--
Simon Sapin