Re: CSS Regions considered harmful

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 08:11:42 +1100
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, www-style@w3.org
On 24/01/2014 1:20 AM, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> On 23/01/2014 14:01, Alan Gresley wrote:
>
>> Does DTP often use WYSIWYG software?
>
> Often????
> Since 1983, almost _exclusively_... Electronic typesetting is usually
> not Wysiwyg, but DTP is almost always Wysiwyg.

So does this DTP done with Wysiwyg use templates with fixed height and
width? If so, an increase in font leads to less horizontal space for lines.

What I mean is that DTP industry and the users of DTP software may like
another means, like a CSS regions but are they used to working with
templates that when viewed on display devices or by user with a minimum
font size, somewhat tear the 'what you see is what you get' templates apart.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/