Re: CSS Regions considered harmful

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 19:02:07 +1100
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
CC: "CSS WWW Style (www-style@w3.org)" <www-style@w3.org>
On 23/01/2014 7:42 AM, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
> Alan Stearns wrote:
>
>   > >I have read your arguments. For me, the separation of style from
>   > >structure one of the foundations CSS stands on. Probably THE
>   > >foundation. So I don't think we should break that priciple, even if it
>   > >seems convenient to do so.
>   >
>   > I think that’s the crux of the issue. The rest of your points in the ala
>   > article are a bit outdated
>
> If so, I challenge you to write a compelling first example for the
> specification that doesn't have any of the problems I point out.

Yes, please. I would like to see it. I would like to see how different
fonts and font-size work. You can not break a multi-column layout but
you can easy break styling that works like absolute positioning.

How would the the example work in the below image when you have a larger
font-size?

http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-css3-regions-20130528/images/regions-intro-rendering.png

--
Alan Gresley