Re: A wish for 2014: page transitions

On 11/01/2014 02:36, Jens O. Meiert wrote:

> Pardon Daniel, working group(s)—I like to piggyback on this email for
> another wish. That wish is related to the question whether this,
> Daniel’s, desire is really something that CSS needs to handle? It may
> well be in this case, but my point here, or wish, is that it would be
> good to focus CSS more.
>
> I’ve brought this up a few times in the past but I really think we
> don’t do anyone a favor cramming, pardon a bit of judgment,
> *everything* into CSS. Variables/constants are a great example: They

And we did not release a spec about Variables but a spec about Custom
User-Defined Properties, something waaaaay better integrated to the
CSS model :-)

Let me clarify my "wish":

1. some very important parts of the embedded software industry
    badly need the feature
2. they need it because otherwise users won't consider their apps
    as modern, so we can say this is based on users' request and
    feedback
3. I have the feeling this is stylistic and that CSS already has
    a lot of live proposals we can reuse for that
4. so I think it fits best in CSS because after all, that's about
    transitions between a page containing a link and the target of
    a link; if it's not in CSS, it's going to drastically complexify
    the solution, IMHO. My opinion only, but still.

</Daniel>