Re: [css3-transitions] Transitioning font-size and relative lengths

On Tuesday 2011-11-01 13:33 +0100, Rune Lillesveen wrote:
> The current draft says:
>
> "Implementations also must not start a transition when the computed
> value changes because it is inherited (directly or indirectly) from
> another element that is transitioning the same property."
>
> Should it also say something along the lines of:
>
> "Implementations also must not start a transition when the computed
> value changes because a relative length is resolved against a
> transitioning font-size." ?
>

> I am having issues with various combinations of font-size, relative
> lengths, and inheritance because computed values rely on relative
> lengths, and it's not clear from the spec how it's supposed to work.
> An example where Chrome and Firefox behave differently:

The material in the transitions spec describing starting of
transitions has been substantially rewritten, as described in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Nov/0192.html .  I
believe this rewrite should clarify the behavior in this set of
cases.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,